Free Food on Tax Day!Congratulations, you did it! You survived another tax season. You were dreaming of this day back in January when you were staring at mountains of papers and telling yourself you would definitely get started on filing tomorrow. Now, Uncle Sam’s got his paycheck, and hopefully you’ve got a little bit of a check yourself. But wait, Tax Day brings more than just mental relief, it also brings free food! Tons of restaurants and fast food shops are offering free food to anyone for one day only, to help celebrate the holiday.
Oh boy, it’s here. (Source: HolidaysCalendar.com)
To make things easier, we’ve planned out your entire Tax Day menu for you. Hope you’re hungry!
• Start your day at Hardee’s with a free sausage biscuit, just by saying “Made From Scratch.”
• If you’re like us, and enjoy dessert no matter what hour of the day, we recommend hitting Great American Cookies for brunch. This year, they’re offering a free Cookies and Cream cookie to everyone!
• After brunch, hit up Hot Dog on a Stick for a free Turkey or Veggie Dog, the perfect American lunch.
• California Tortilla is offering the perfect afternoon snack, chips and queso, free with any purchase.
• From there, you can take the family out to dinner at Chuck E. Cheese, where cheese pizzas are buy one, get one free.
• Once the kids have burned through all the cash you’ve saved from all this free food, finish at Kona Ice for “National Chill Out Day,” which gets you one free shaved ice. “No taxation without relaxation!”
Free food! No catch! (Source: HotDogOnAStick.com)
It’s not just food, either. There are deals on everything from hotels (Hotel Saugatuck is offering 20% off to independent workers), to transportation (Rail Europe offers $25 off $400 with code TAXDAYRE18). And while it’s not on Tax Day, the National Parks Service waives all entrance fees at every park in the nation this Saturday, April 21.
We’ve really just scratched the surface here. Check your area for any potential Tax Day deals, and maybe even support local businesses while you’re at it. After all, they’ve felt the pain, too! Get out there this Tuesday, and treat yourself while you can. Before you know it, the ball will be dropping on 2019 and we’ll be right back here, praying we can survive until the next Tax Day!
703.715.4960 Tech Support
Last time, we discussed getting serious about your...